Please join HPS Partner and Workers’ Compensation Practice Leader Michael Riedhammer, B.C.S., for this intermediate level webinar that will be of particular interest to Workers’ Compensation Adjusters.
WATCH A RECORDING OF THIS WEBINAR HERE.
Date: Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Time: 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. ET
To review recent developments in order for an accident to be a compensable workers’ compensation claim under the “arising out of” requirement.
To assist adjusters in what factors to look at when making compensability determinations.
THE WEBINAR WILL COVER:
- Statutory requirements
- Section 440.09(1)
- Section 440.02(36)
- Historical Handling of Compensability Slips and Trips
- Sedgwick CMS v. Valcourt-Williams
- Injury must “arise out of employment”
- Must be “occupational causation” of injury
- Case Studies
- How is the JCC handling the issues?
- Things to look for:
- Claimant engagement factors?
- Risks present?
- Potential tort liability for employer?
This course has been approved by the FL Department of Financial Services for insurance continuing education credit. Provider ID: 372676. Course ID: 118563.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT HAS CLOSED.