Please join HPS Partner and Workers’ Compensation Practice Leader Michael Riedhammer, B.C.S., for this intermediate level webinar that will be of particular interest to Workers’ Compensation Adjusters.
Date: Thursday, March 9, 2023
Time: 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. ET
To review recent developments in the law regarding the arising out of requirement for an accident to be a compensable workers compensation claim and assist adjusters in what factors to look at when making compensability determinations, the going and coming rule, attorney fee entitlement, and other recent issues.
THE WEBINAR WILL COVER:
- An “Arising out of” update after Sedgwick CMS v. Valcourt-Williams
- Going and coming rule after DSK Group Inc. and Zurich American Insurance Co. v. Hernandez
- Attorney fee entitlement
- One-time change issues
- Jurisdiction over doctor’s fees
- Raising all “ripe, due and owing” issues in a PFB
- Does the Claimant get Interest on Penalties?
This course has been approved by the FL Department of Financial Services for insurance continuing education credit. Provider ID: 372676. Course ID: 124797.